Welcome to One Brush Beauty

OBB Where all are welcome, i write reviews, answer questions, give tips and advice on how to use the makeup that you have. OBB is really about easy yet beautiful make up, making you feel your best, and what products are out there to help you do that.

TTFN
C x

Wednesday 15 May 2013

My Everyday Brows

Hiiiiiiiiiii!

So I get a lot of people asking me about my brows - the likelihood is that because they are prominent they get a lot a lot of attention. Now I'm not saying that this post shows them off particularly well, the reason for this being that I am not wearing makeup at all so they look a bit odd on their own.

I love my eyebrows, and even though they are not the tamest of beasts they are strong and thick and I like this. Even though they caused me grief in my teens due to people picking on me because of them (*sob*)...I love them and I own them. I love to put colour through them and even glitter from time to time (the inner drag queen just dying to come and play).

Nevertheless I thought as I get asked what I do with them...I would share...so here we are.

First of all here are the products that I use:
Here we have: 
Revlon Colourstay 515 (colour 4), The Body Shop Matte it Primer, Illamasqua Brow and Lash Gel, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 2 Light, Benefit High Beam, Real Techniques Angled Brush, Tweezerman Tweezers and Ted Baker brow brush and comb. 

I do swap up what colour I use (if any) as sometimes I want a bold colour (purple any one!?) and other times I want my brows to be warm and light. As my brow hairs are naturally black I try and not go any darker than dark brown - other wise we have a scouse brow situation going on. In summer I tend to go for a mid brown to keep it warm. 

Before

After
  1. First I prep and prime - tweeze any stray hairs and prime my brow by running primer against the hair. Also at this point I conceal under the brow to get rid of any redness from any tweezing. 
  2. I dab the angled brush in the colour and tap off excess. When putting colour in my brows for every day I start from half way in the brow and run the colour to the tip, creating the desired shape. Then with what colour is left on the brush I sweep and take the colour to the front of my brow (this helps stop the 'scouse' brow). 
  3. With the brow brush I then brush and blend the colour to make sure that it is soft and there are no harsh lines. 
  4. I then apply brow gel in an upward motion. Making my brows look wild and untamed. I then let this set for a few seconds. 
  5. After this I tame them by brushing the top of the brow with the brow comb to give a smooth yet full shape. 
  6. The last step is to add (if I'm feeling jazzy) a highlight on my brow bone - I do this any way if I am doing a full face of makeup, but even if I'm not sometimes its nice to add a highlight. 
And there we have it. 

I am dying to do a full glitter brow and put it up to show everyone - but maybe that would be too much!? Maybe not. 

So I hope you have enjoyed reading it and I hope it helps if you have problems taming your brows. But own them and remember that they are such an important part of your face - they frame your eyes and give your look structure - LONG LIVE THE FULL BROW!! 

C
X


2 comments:

  1. Your eyebrows are immense! You are naturally blessed in a way that I sadly am not - without my HD help of course haha...
    Boo to those who teased you and yes, long live the full brow!! (although I do think Cara Delevingne's are a little toooooo much hmm)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe the difference in yours before and after HD! And really? Youre not the first one I have heard not like Cara's brows; I think they are a bit talked up...I mean shes not the first one to sport the fuller look. But still snaps for her for bringing them back (ish) haha xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Your comments mean so much to me and I will endeavour to reply to all of them, so please check back if you do leave one! xx