Welcome to One Brush Beauty

OBB Where all are welcome, i write reviews, answer questions, give tips and advice on how to use the makeup that you have. OBB is really about easy yet beautiful make up, making you feel your best, and what products are out there to help you do that.

TTFN
C x

Friday 22 March 2013

Avon Eyeshadow Primer Review

Hi guys!

This is just going to be a short review of a product that I've been using and loving for a while now. I featured it in my February Haul and have been loving ever since.

It is of course my Avon eye shadow primer


I compared it previously to MAC's paint pot in Ocre only more pinky beige - essentially it is very similar only it has more of a face primer feel...silky? I guess.

The packaging is not very fancy, yet because its glass it does have a more heavy and expensive feel to it - however as a girl with long nails applying this product with fingers directly is impossible (but hey what are concealer brushes for...right?)

The product goes on smoothly and blends to a nice even tone, I say tone as 'colour' seems too strong for how it appears. But as I said before when I bought it, Avon should be thinking about bringing this out in at least two more shades as it is too light for darker skin tones.

Its kind of a Ronseal product in that it does exactly what it says on the tin. It prolongs your eyeshadow wear, prevents creasing and helps to make colours 'pop'. I have had no problems blending my eyeshadows after using this, I do however let it dry a few minutes before applying as I don't want my eyeshadow to stick to it and become un-blendable.

Its not the best eye shadow primer out there, but its affordable and it works. And quite honestly I can only commend Avon for bringing out continuously good products recently - they seem to be on the ball - long gone are the blue shadow and red lip looks that we associate with the 'Avon lady' of the 80's/90's.

If you are in the market for a eye primer I would give this a go.

Hope you found this helpful :)

Muchos love

C
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comments mean so much to me and I will endeavour to reply to all of them, so please check back if you do leave one! xx