Welcome to One Brush Beauty

OBB Where all are welcome, i write reviews, answer questions, give tips and advice on how to use the makeup that you have. OBB is really about easy yet beautiful make up, making you feel your best, and what products are out there to help you do that.

TTFN
C x

Monday 22 August 2011

50's Look of the day!

Hi guys,

Here is a look that I've been trying out a lot recently, and incidentally a look that 1. A lot of A listers have been sporting recently and 2. Has been seen on a fair few cat walk shows recently.

The look that I've recently been sporting is the 'pin up/ 1950's' - flicked black eyeliner, red drawn lips and hair tied up with a bowed scarf as a head band.

As some of you may have noticed, I have changed my twitter picture, which is incidentally this look.

For those of you who havent seen my interpritation of this look, here it is,
Here I wore the look with a leopard print scarf and very defined eyebrows, but I think as long as you stick to the basics with this simple and sophisticated look then you can change it up as much as you like, maybe a nude or bright coloured lip and either play down or enhance the flick of the eyeliner - or my favourite thing to do is switch up the scarf, change the look to fit your outfit.

The look is really easy to achieve , make your eyeliner thicker as you approach the outer corner and extend to a flick (be this large or small), fill the lips in with a red liner (I use a khol pencil instead of lip pencil as it goes on smoother) and fill in with your fave shade of red, the red I'm wearing in this picture is MAC's 'Lady Danger' which is a matte shade.
For the hair, make a small quiff and tie hair up in a bun and then secure the scarf with bobby/ kirby pins and tie in a bow. And voilĂ  there you have it!

 Hope this was fun to read :)
Comment or tweet me telling me your current look!

TTFN
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comments mean so much to me and I will endeavour to reply to all of them, so please check back if you do leave one! xx