Welcome to One Brush Beauty

OBB Where all are welcome, i write reviews, answer questions, give tips and advice on how to use the makeup that you have. OBB is really about easy yet beautiful make up, making you feel your best, and what products are out there to help you do that.

TTFN
C x

Wednesday 15 June 2011

VOGUE! Beauty confidential cover lip dupe!

Hi guys!
If like me you're big into the seasons latest looks, both fashion and make-up then you probably read some kind of magazine. My big weakness is Vogue. I love it, even the adverts in it, I love picking ideas from the design houses latest campaigns and looking at the wonderful photography and marveling at the models.

As I live in England I have to buy British Vogue, and this months issue had another small magazine insert 'Vogue beauty confidential'. The cover of which features a sun-kissed Raquel Zimmermann looking fab (and rather late 70's/ early 80's chic). Immediately I fell in love with her lip look, a true red coral matte lipstick.

So I turn to the inside page to look up what lipstick it is. I find that its a matte Shisheido lipstick which would cost you £21 here in the UK, which is almost as much as the Chanel lipsticks. So I start looking for a cheaper dupe.

As any body who is even slightly in to makeup will know, Mac would be the first port of call, and indeed it was. And Bingo! I found the exact matte shade to match. Its a good £8 cheaper and even though its not drugstore cheap, I'm more willing to pay for what I know is quality.

The shade is so hot and on trend that even the Mac one has been hard to get hold of, I have finally managed to order mine today and will tweet some pictures when I get it delivered.

It really is the shade of the summer, I suggest that if you also go for this hot red coral lip, you team it with heavy brows and a nude eye...oh and plenty of bronzer to really bring out those golden coral tones!

TTFN
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comments mean so much to me and I will endeavour to reply to all of them, so please check back if you do leave one! xx